Fun and Fit with Folly & Jane
We all know the importance of maintaining a physically fit body but don’t you find it’s so much easier to maintain a healthy level of fitness when exercising is fun?
When the weather turns cold it takes some extra motivation to keep up the routine so we asked the girls here how they keep their exercise fun Fun and Fit with Folly & Jane through the winter months and here’s what they said…
Make it a group activity. Getting out of bed to power walk is so much more fun when you combine your exercise with girlfriend time.
- Keep your training gear on a heated towel rail overnight so it’s lovely and warm to pop on first thing in the morning.
- To ease the morning chill start off with some training gloves, scarf and head-band. Then as you heat up you can easily stow them away by tying around your waist.
Download a new piece of music you really want to listen to and then only play it when you are out exercising. Stick your head phones on and bop away on the tread-mill or start off with a power walk that leads in to a jog as you warm up.
It’s definitely fun to wear a new outfit to exercise in so if you’re lacking a little motivation this winter make a deal with yourself to exercise 3 times this week and your reward is a new training outfit. Of course you have to keep the routine up again next week to show off the new threads.
In case you need a reminder here are our top 7 benefits for exercising:
- Mental Health: something amazing happens to your mood when you exercise and these happy thoughts stay with you throughout the day.
- Weight control is every girls favourite benefit of exercising and tops the list,
- Prevents high blood pressure. Exercise helps to keep your arteries fit which in turn keeps your blood pressure normal.
- Helps to strengthen the immune system: You become less prone to illness if you are in the habit of regular exercise.
- Helps relieving stress: Another great side effect of exercise.
- Stronger legs: Exercise reduces flexibility and thins the legs which reduces dreaded cellulite.
- More self esteem: When you maintain a regular exercise regime, your confidence grows which creates more wonderful experiences in your life.
How do you keep Fun and Fit with Folly & Jane?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]